Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Doctors & Insurance

Dear Drs. & Insurance Gods:

Please, enlighten me. Do you have a partnership with Wal-Mart? (See following post.) I, a loyal customer, feel like it is crap that I have to pay $15 to see the doctor for five minutes, and then have to turn around and pay another $65 dollars for a stupid bottle of medicine.

Basically, you make me feel instead of becoming a teacher, teaching tomorrows doctors, lawyers, and rocket scientists, that I should have became a pharmaceutical drug sales rep. Then, I could have made at least $57,000. (Yes, I googled this.) I bet I would have better insurance, too. Oh hell, I bet I could just dig into my own stash of drugs and use them.

Stupid me. I became a teacher, with crappy insurance, because I have a passion for education. Oh, and, my rates are going up effective my April paycheck. Great.

Please, explain how people are to provide for their families when their family insurance plan costs them $1000+ a month, when they are grossing slightly over this?
I guess I am lucky that I only have to pay for a child insurance plan.




P.S. Insurance Gods: I think my friend Sheila has some issues to take up with you as well. Apparently, being a special education teacher, holds crappier of insurance. Anyone else find this a bit odd? Those people, who are doing what many of us do not have the ability or patience to do, have even crappier of benefits.

Thanks!

No comments: