Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Thoughts on the Day...

We had our senior awards and scholarship assembly today. It is very strange to think that I was sitting in the same place as those seniors just 6 years ago. Crazy, huh? Just think, I am actually a productive member of society today! (It might have been a struggle, but I made it.)

What really struck me was that we have two, yes two students going into the Air Force Academy.


It is a very selective application process, so it is much more impressive that we, a very small school with a graduating class of 72, have two students that will be leaving for June to attend.

Just a thought for your day.

It was also very moving when these two kids received a standing ovation from their peers.


(I have never had them in class, just know of them from interacting. Just thought I would take a moment to brag on my school!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is great. It seems like forever since you had your awards ceremony, so much has happened in 6 years, but yes you are a quite productive member. I am proud of you. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

That is pretty cool that you have 2 going to the USAF. I am proud of you! Love, Dad