Friday, August 3, 2007

Already addicted...



Maybe it is just the mom in me, I don't know. I just feel the sudden need to put more pictures of baby Lucas on here! I don't understand it, but the moment that you first see your child, nothing else in the world matters.

Okay, well, in the small scheme of life, everything in the world matters. Your job, free time, clothes, money, absolute silience.

However, in the large scheme of life, nothing else does. Life is good when your baby is healthy, happy, and loves you. No better feeling in the world when you can make your child smile over and over and over again.

It is truely an incredible feeling knowing that you created this person...this tiny person...that one day he will grow up and lead his own life. Sometimes I wonder what Lucas will be like when he is 8, 15, 27. Will he look like Wes? Will he look like me? What will he enjoy?

Parenthood is indescribable, even if I tried.

Every so often, I think about the way things turned out.....Lucas was a surprise to both of us, but he came along at the just the right time for us. I wouldn't go back and change anything now. I am now a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. Lucas makes me appreciate everything more. He has shown me how great of a person his father his.

Pants are a LITTLE too big! They are even newborn size. And, yes, he is laying on our kitchen table.













Copenhagen--our cat, not the baby--really loves to cuddle with Lucas.


Poor little Lucas in the hospital. I felt so miserable knowing that there wasn't anything I could do for him. He did amazingly well going for over 80 hours without eating, per doctor's orders. It is crazy knowing that Wes and I are completely responsible for the well-being of Lucas. We are responsible for his life. I would like to believe that how Lucas turns out will be a direct result of how Wes and I will raise him.



I love Wes! And he loves me!

No comments: