Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Dang it again, Melanie!




In our tiny little home, our bathroom is right off of the kitchen. While I am cooking, Lucas, 11 months, loves to play in the bathroom drawers. Open shut open shut open shut open shut. Take stuff out open shut take stuff out open shut. And on and on...

Well, I decided to clear out a drawer just for him. I placed some small toys in there, and now he gets a kick out of opening the drawer to find some stuff for him him in there. Open shut, open shut, open shut, play!


Maybe it is teaching him it is okay to play in the bathroom drawers, but it keeps him occupied while I am trying to cook or wash dishes.

Works for me!

Check out what works for other people at Rocks In My Dryer

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Hey now, I learned it from S.B.! Our kids keep getting more and more of their 'own' drawers throughout the house...

Miranda said...

I hope you had a great wedding shower! I tried text messaging you that day, but that's the day AT&T decided to shut off my text messaging. Anyway, I can't wait to see you in like 3 weeks!!!!

Robynandwes said...

I know!! You will have to come see my, uh, new (rental) house. Hopefully it still won't be a wreck. Hope you had a good birthday. Don't forget Lucas bday party is the evening before Brooke's graduation! Are you guys doing anything for Brooke's graduation? (That would be assuming you were talking to your mom.)

Miranda said...

It's the evening BEFORE? Aaaaagh! I don't know if we'll be able to make it then. I'm taking this Friday off from work, and since I'm so new, I can't take May 16th off. We were just planning on leaving when I get off, at like 6. For some reason I thought it was after graduation! I don't know what we're doing for Brooke's graduation. My mom won't discuss it with me, she keeps changing the subject. I emailed Derek yesterday to find out if there was anything going on, and if nobody's planning anything, I will. Brooke will NOT go without just because our family is dysfunctional. So we'll see!