Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Blogging from.....

Bed!

That's right, I am blogging from bed. We got a wireless thingamajig this weekend for our modem and Wes and I both agree that it has been one of the best investments we have made.

So what's new in our little family?

Well, I had a bridal shower this weekend which was lots of fun. It was so good to see everyone, especially those who I haven't seen forever. For those of you who don't know, my dad was city manager at Fort Scott since the summer before my 4th grade year. It was only this past October that he changed jobs, for the better, and is now the city manager in Ottawa. (He even has his own private bathroom! I'm jealous!) Anyways...I got to see all of the "office ladies", many of who have worked there for just about as long as dad did. I bet it is crazy for them to see all of us kids, Marshall, Aimee, and I, all grown up, starting our own families. Oh, and I guess I have a following on my blog that I didn't realize. So, as I promised, here is the link for Marshall and Kim's blog. (Don't get too excited, they are bad bloggers! Hopefully they will become more regular once the babies are here. If they can find the time that is!!!!)

*sigh* School is school. And work is work. *sigh* I am ready for summer. 5 1/2 more weeks? I believe that is the countdown.

Wes and I have been on the hunt for somewhere to live in the town where I teach. It will still a substantial commute for Wes every night for work. Well, we haven't been having good luck. That would be a long story from beginning to end. I called 5 people the other day looking for a house. However, I think I stumbled into a decent one. **Please, cross your fingers!** I am going to call tomorrow to set up a time for Wes to go look at it.
Like I told Wes, it isn't somewhere I want to live for a long time, but it is somewhere we can live while we build our savings to buy a house.

Lucas is a monster. He is walking everywhere and put everything in his mouth. Dirt, cereal crumbs, dried rice, string, you name it, it is going in his mouth. We are REALLY going to have to start keeping the floor cleaner.

I think that is about it. Wes is getting anxious to be done with school and start his new job. (Hopefully, I get to see him more than I do now, even though he will be working nights. Oh well, you have to do what you have to do to get by, right?)

Just a reminder...I will be getting invitations out after payday, but Lucas and Wes' party is May 17th at approx 5:30-- we will do some sort of supper and birthday festivities. The actual graduation is May 17th at 2 (I think) WAW auditorium (I think).

Have a good one. I will try to post some new pictures sometime from the bridal shower. Kim is starting to show her babies bump! Too stinking cute!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

It doesn't matter if your floor is clean or not--the baby will just find dog food, rocks, acorns, dirt, sticks, etc, etc, to eat outside if there is not enough roughage inside. :)

Robynandwes said...

Oh, good. That makes me feel better. Really. It does.

Anonymous said...

And then they chew on themselves...and sometimes other kids...and you....and toys, and then comes the chewing food and then spitting it back out....
But the everythinginthemouth phase DOES go away in a few months or so....