Yea, its part of what I get paid for by sponsoring FCCLA, but still.
Lucas has had a rough weekend. He has been exploding again. He threw up I think five or six times Friday night, once Saturday morning, and again Saturday night (of course that time was in our bed). Yuck. And he threw up again this morning, on my camera. Let's hope it keeps working or none of you will get to see any pictures!
It is one of the most frustrating things in the world having a sick baby. For more than one reason. Having a baby that doesn't feel well in itself is frustrating. Then, it just seems like last time when he was so sick. Everything about it does: the way he pukes, the way it looks, the way Lucas looks after he throws up, everything. I know that it isn't a possibility that it is the same thing (pyloric stenosis) because its kind of like an appendix--once it gets taken care of it can't happen again! So I don't know what is going on. Then, it doesn't help that everyone offers their opinion on what is wrong. Or, just the opposite, no one believes you--that you are just exaggerating how bad he throws up. (I was so thankful the other night when Wes was home and Lucas threw up. I just wanted someone to see it.) People sometimes just feel like telling you why they think he is throwing up----must seem like I am just a young, silly mother who knows nothing. I just want to scream at them and tell them that it isn't the way I feed him, what I feed him, when I burp him, cutting teeth, temperature, medicine, time I feed him, the bottle I use, anything. I can't explain it. It is the most heart-wrenching thing in the world to see him get so upset after throwing up and not being able to fix it. I am sure it has to do something with the acid reflux, but Zantac doesn't seem to help it, or, thankfully, make it worse.
We go to the doctor on Tuesday--YAY! Maybe I should have got his records transferred. Whoops. Oh well.
Lucas is screaming right now. I am not sure why.....we just got back from the Laundromat (which is always an experience in and of itself). I think he is just needing to go to sleep. Thought he might go to sleep if I just put him in his crib, but obviously he isn't.
Here you go, Grandma Michelle....pictures of Wes and Lucas--guess they are all pretty old.




1 comment:
Um, I love you, and I love my nephew and I am sorry that you hurt so much over him not feeling well. Not another puker in the family, please! No, but seriously, I will come to an appointment and moan to the doctor for you, because I seemed to have got the point across to E's doctors that he did not just have a cold. Not that they were correct in diagnosing the asthma, though, but you know..... We moved on, we found a specialist that I really like (one of my doctors partners, actually). I am not a biological parent, so I cannot tell you I feel your pain exactly, but being so attached and so responsible for Emmanuel and knowing what we have gone through to get doctors to listen to us, I can empathize (???is that how you spell it). Anyways, I love you. *AimeeLou
Post a Comment