Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Ode To My Copenhagen

So we have been living a lie.

We have been keeping a cat, our beloved Copenhagen, against the rules of our lease. This morning, our landlord found him. Well, technically, she heard him meow. (They came to finish up our sewer problems.)

Now we have to get rid of our Copenhagen.

I honestly don't know what we are going to do without him. He is my furry baby, and Lucas' brother. Copenhagen has been there for me from the beginning of my pregnancy. That poor cat had all of my maternal instincts projected on him for nine months.
Who is going to nip my ankles when I forget to feed him?
Who is going to play with a mouser for hours?
Who is going to make Lucas stop crying and smile?
Who is going to poop and make the house smell horrible? (Okay--that was a trick question--there are plenty of people left to do that!)
Who is going to follow me down the stairs to the basement and then I have to chase him out of there?
Who is going to try to sneak into Lucas' room?
Who is going to smother Lucas in an attempt to love on him and protect him?

My poor Copenhagen. At least my parents are going to take him for 6 months--until Wes and I move again. This time we WILL find a house that allows cats.

I am sad. So very sad. On top of all my other stress, my big, fat, lazy, stinky, loving, affectionate cat has to leave us.


*Sigh*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would prefer to keep Lucas for 6 months, but I know that and would not expect that to happen. I hope you will warn Cope not to bully Butterscotch. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I promise. I will have a stern talk with Copenhagen about bullying. (School bullying starts in the home.) You just wait and see--Cope will soon win your hearts with his declawed paws. I am sure he would like a pitter pat. ~Robyn

Warren Bunch said...

OH, no... I'm so sorry! I know it will be really hard without Copenhagen... BUT... Think of how hard it will be once you get him back... I mean, send the kids to grandmas for a couple hours and I can't stand the spoiled brats when they get home... You might never want him back when you find out how spoiled he is because of your mom!!!! Hahahaha!