Wednesday, September 24, 2008

In Lucas news.....

I haven't really blogged much lately, other than pictures, so I thought I might update you all on what Lucas has been up to.


Lucas is saying words such as: Dada
bye-bye,
Mi (Milk),
Duh (done),
Sli (slide),
dah (dog),
Kiey (Kitty),
the occasional mama, but only if he is hurt,
Sti (stinky=binky)
bubba (bubble)
Ba (ball),
and, of course, the word that he says non-stop Wiggle, Wiggle.

Now why he can say two syllable Wiggle, but not the ends of other words is beyond me. Oh well, it is adorable. Let me clarify, how much Lucas loves the Wiggles is adorable, but not the Wiggles themselves.

We went out to a co-worker's house Monday night. He was mesmerized by Spongebob. I *hate* spongebob. I have always sworn that I won't let me kids watch that, but, gosh, The wiggles are getting old! It would be different if we had cable, but the one channel we do receive at our house doesn't really offer much for his attention span. Okay, I take that back, he does love him some Wheel of Fortune. He was also very interested in watching Yo Gabba Gabba! Be sure to watch that. It is a little weird as well. Hmmm.... perhaps I should invest in a new DVD just so the Wiggles can catch a break!

Yesterday, after school, Lucas and I went and played at the park. He climbed all the way up the slide, turned around, and came back down all by himself. He didn't even fly off the end of the slide! Oh, what a big boy he is becoming. ::sigh:: Makes me sad to think about it.

Lucas has also started to go up and down stairs by himself. He finally figured out to go down them he needs to sit on his bum-bum and go one by one. He has been a pro at going up stairs for about 4 months now. It is the going down them that we have had to work on. Now, if only he would have been able do that a couple of weeks ago....

Well, we drug out the Bumbo to take to Grant and Jack this weekend. Lucas was very entertained by this new thing in his living room. He wanted to sit in it. Outcome? His bum-bum got stuck. When he tried to stand, he bum-bum stayed put. Did that stop him? Noooooo. He wanted to do it again and again and again. Then, Lucas decided that it might be better to sit in backwards. His legs still sticking out the 'leg holes', but his his knees where his bum-bum should be. What a funny kid. I hope Grant and Jack have as much fun with it as Lucas did! I can't wait to see his reaction when I get down the exersaucer to get it ready to go this weekend also.

Hmmm.... I think that is about it! I'm sure there is other stuff, but I can't think of anything.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Ok...so I may not be looking forward to the Wiggles! That is a little strange. I am not sure how much of that I could take!!

Miranda said...

I love the Yo Gabba Gabba crap!!! So there's a party in my tummy!!! So yummy! So yummy!!!

Robynandwes said...

We watched that music video on my Black Berry while lying in bed this morning. "What's wrong, carrots?" "We wanna go to the party!"